Tornado Times

The Student News Site of Pompano Beach High

Tornado Times

Tornado Times

Behind the Scenes of the MET Gala

Every year, students get to put their own unique spin on the school’s Homecoming theme by creating a voting system of options fabricated by SGA’s student committee. SGA, or Student Government Association, is a club/class that plans and implements campus-wide initiatives, such as homecomings, tailgates and proms. The options that were implemented in this year’s Homecoming included, A Night at the MET, Secret of the Seas, and Soaring into the Cosmos, with A Night at the MET being the winner.

You should arrive at the MET Gala wearing the proper semi-formal attire. Ms.Gould instructed students by stating that the dress code should be, “Semi-formal, and following dress code in the sense of a dance.” Freshman Aleksandra Rohlender believes that the party is going for an elegant and chic aesthetic. “I think the MET Gala gives you a lot of options when picking out what you’re going to wear,” said Rohlender.

Preparing for homecoming is also hard work for the Student Government Association. SGA’s President, Senior Ayla Freidman, explains how the committee uses the members to create a system for homecoming to be ready and cleaned up in time for the dance.“Right now it’s just a lot of prep work, we split into different committees and each committee has a different job.” Each group has its own purpose and objective to prepare and coordinate each event.

“It seems like a pretty easy job, but there is a lot that goes into it. Like having to plan it out, making sure that other clubs could participate in it so we can have more activities to do, and making all the decorations, etc.,” said Rohleder.This means that not only SGA can help to make this homecoming happen each year, but that other clubs can too.

This year’s homecoming is being hosted on September 30th in the Pompano Beach High School gym. Tickets are to be bought online, and increase by $10 every two weeks. After or before buying the tickets you need to fill out the homecoming permission slip, located outside room 315 before the date of the event.